All our rooms, bathrooms etc. have tasteful modern fittings and facilities, but the original structure and ambiance of this historic building have been preserved.
In 1955 the step-grandfather of the current generation running the business had the main building constructed on the foundations of a vaulted cellar dating from 1870. It was used until the present day as a rustic pub, with some guest rooms, called “The Wörtz” which attracted both locals and tourists.
When Richard Scherle and the second generation took over the business in 1970, the pub with accommodation gradually changed into a luxury hotel and restaurant, whose fame has spread far beyond Stuttgart.
Jörg and Andreas Scherle, who are the third generation, have run the business since 2001, continuing the family tradition. They have introduced new trends to the “castle” by trading in
Koi Carp for which there is a big pond in the inner courtyard. They have also taken over
“Weinhaus Stetter” the well -known wine merchants.